10 May 2011

A short trip to Penang

Last Saturday, I went to Penang with my mum and two brothers. That was my first time to visit Penang. Apparently, we went there because of its food. Many people claims that Penang is like a heaven of food. Well, I guess they are right about it. Penang has so many food delicacies that I lost count with my fingers. But due to time constraint, we didn’t really get to try all the food. Most of the food delicacies can be found at Anjung Gurney. Anjung Gurney has a wide variety of local food that will make anybody’s saliva flow. Most importantly, I really love the cendol there. I think I ate two bowls in one shot. If there is one word to describe the taste, I would say the word is superb! haha..


During our trip there, we also went to Gurney Plaza. Surprisingly, there were a lot of foreigners there. Now come to think about it, I think they were also attracted by the local food. =) One thing that is unique about Penang was their dialect. I still remember that day when I just reached Penang, the people around me were all talking in hokkien. I mean, I already know from back then that the people in Penang talk in hokkien. But, it still feel kinda…uhm, what should I say…different? Anyway, it was still fun talking to them using a language that I always used at home.






















No comments:

Post a Comment