25 May 2011

A tribute to my best friends

I was wondering the whole day of what to start out with our story. Too many things that had happened. Too many crazy things. Too many happy things. And of course there are some times that we were upset too. Hmm..how to start our story? Okay, I got it. Let's get started.

It was the first schooling day in middle school when we first met. Our meeting was a fairly normal type. I mean, the way we met. We've never even seen or knew of each other before. I remembered back then zhichin and jinyee, both of you travel in the same bus as me, even when the first schooling day started. But I'm sorry to say that I didn't noticed your presence before. It was after some time that I began to realised that both of you are actually my bus mates. On the other hand, huiling, you are the first person ever who initiated a conversation with me. You said "hi" to me and I just nodded my head towards you. Okay, I'm sorry if my response didn't turn out to be what you've expected. We might have ended up as friends on the same day if my response was better than that. Meanwhile, zhihui, you are considered as one of the earliest friends that I've made. I don't know how, but we ended up anyway sitting at the same table those days during our recess time.

Now, come to the part which I don't know how and when that the five of us had become the best friends ever. If I remembered it correctly, it was the same year when we first met each other. As I said earlier, I don't know how we'd become so close with one another. But I know, there must be some kind of things or phenomenon that pulled us together and I'm grateful for that. Since then, we have been telling tales and daydreaming together or even laughing away sometimes when we were supposed to be taking notes. We listen to one another's grievances and laugh together at the foibles of life. Of course there are times that we misunderstood each other. From what I can see, it was inevitable. Some of us tend to lose control of their temper easily while some might have a bad day at that time. I guess, it is fair if we forgive and forget? =) Finally, we've all grown up or do we say we are still growing up? I say the second one. So, some of us tend to be more sensitive at times. But hey, it is our nature, right? Girls are like that. Let us just learn to be patient and everything will be alright.

It occured to me, as I sat down to write this post, that I'm really thankful for your presence in my life. Thank you for making our togetherness a completely and utterly amazing experience. I never could've enjoyed my life all this while if not because of you guys. You guys are indeed awesome and wonderful people. =) 

my companion,
through good times and bad,
my friend,
my buddy,
through happy and sad,
beside me you stand,
beside me you walk,
you're there to listen,
you're there to talk,
with happiness,
with smiles,
with pain and tears,
I know you'll be there,
throughout the years.

You're all good friends to me and I'm grateful to all of you ^^ 

No comments:

Post a Comment